How to cure a headache naturally
When experiencing a headache the easy option is to consume painkillers to make the pain go away as fast as possible, rather than trying to get rid of it naturally. There are several methods you can use to prevent these headaches.
• Many live by the ‘5 a day’ rule, however, scientists claim this slogan is not correct and is simply made to encourage people to eat more fruit. There are no actual guidelines to how much fruit you should eat per day, but what is known is that you should eat some every day.
• Whether the headache is severe, hardly noticeable or an every day one it doesn’t only come down to your head. Your eyes might be the problem – or your eyesight to be more direct. If you feel yourself squinting more when you are trying to focus on an object or a word, it is about high time you get your sight tested. If you spend much time in front of a computer or TV you should stop and rest for awhile every now and then.
• It might seem as exercise is related to all health problems, but it does in fact work. If you are on your way home from work and trying to nurture a headache, you might want to try going for a walk before you settle down for the evening. This might seem difficult once you have sat down in the comfort of your couch, but it’s as easy as getting off the bus a few stops earlier, or walking from the train station instead of catching the bus.
• Foods such as mackerel, broccoli and ginger contain anti- flammatory properties and these can help your muscles to relax, especially the jaw and your temples. Green tea, papaya and blueberries might be more tempting and these will give you the same relaxing effect.
• Try to avoid caffeinated drinks for the most of the day. Restrict yourself to drinking these as they keep you awake and can cause strain. Try decaf options or herbal teas if you want a hot drink.
• Whenever you feel a headache coming on you might find yourself massaging your scalp or your temples. This, in fact, can ease the pain and eventually make the pain go away. Think of it as pleasuring your muscles.